Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Now I know why Pres. Obama likes Five Guys

Universe, I am very sore. Sitting down is an aching position. Standing is also painful. The process of getting up or sitting down: worse than the previous two positions. My muscles are having spasms, my arms are sore even then I'm not using them. It's been a rough day; especially when I have to go up and down and back up and back down the stair case 5 or 6 times a day. Totally uncalled for. I'm hoping that the soreness is only a short-term thing.

On a different note, I finally tried Five Guy Burger and Fries. And I emphasize the 'finally' as I typically do not wait this long to try a new burger spot. I love--LOVE--burgers; especially cheeseburgers. So, today, after my face appointment I went to Five Guys and ordered me a cheeseburger with grilled mushrooms and onions and cajun fries. It sounded like the perfect meal. I waited for five people to get their burgers and then they called my number and I picked up my burger. I opened that sucker up and took a bite. It was delicious! I now understand why President Obama took a break from his day to grab these burgers for he and his staff. Good call Pres!

Back to the burger. The mushrooms were not soggy, the bun was not mushy, the lettuce and tomatoes were crisp and the meat, oh the meat! It was juicy and tender and well cooked. This is important to me as the last time I wanted to have a burger (at the Hard Rock Cafe, no less) it was pretty much bleeding when I had asked for it to be well done. Nothing kills my appetite like bleeding meat. Gag!

But anyway, the burger was simply delicious. My arteries were probably not very happy with me but my mouth and stomach were most certainly smiling. I didn't eat the fries (except for a few) becuase the burger was rather big and fulfilling. The fries were also very good. That Cajun seasoning is keeper. I hope you also try Five Guys; I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment